What’s exciting about Endurance Wind Power?
Endurance Wind Power will be the global leader in distributed wind technology and products. We will provide the market the greatest return on their renewable energy investment. We are an employee-owned, engineering-driven company with a passion for business excellence. We design, test, manufacture and market the best distributed wind turbines in the world.
This is an exciting time for Endurance Wind Power as we grow our company. If you are passionate about the alternate energy market and are looking to make a difference in the fast-paced work environment, this could be a role and place for you. Check us out www.endurancewindpower.com
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead
Location: South Surrey, BC
What’s the Essence of this Opportunity?
We are seeking a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer who has experience to complete the following responsibilities
- Develop, evaluate, and improve existing manufacturing methods.
- Provide training and sustaining support to personnel involved in the manufacturing processes.
- Develop and document the build process into operator Standard Operation Procedures.
- Plan and Implement all process changes for capacity changes to enhance productivity.
- Responsible for design, manufacture and implementation of production tooling, jigs and fixtures within budget.
- Continually look for improvements for safety, quality, cost reductions and productivity.
- Lead Problem Solving teams to address warranty, durability, quality, and assembly issues.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Participate on PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) team and takes actions to eliminate the highest risk items.
- Work with colleagues to plan and design the layout of the assembly area and warehouse for new facility.
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with 7 – 12 years of Manufacturing experience
- Experience with process optimization
- Working knowledge and training in Lean Manufacturing principles is preferred
- Experience with Solid Works, 3D solid modeling, detail drawings including GD&T, and FEA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to communicate effectively, including the ability to document according to engineering best practices
- Good initiative, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
- Valid passport and the ability to travel worldwide on occasion and as required
The Gist about our team and this position:
We are a small team of dedicated professionals in manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, and software engineering disciplines who rely on each other to design, verify, manufacture, and deliver high quality, safe, and reliable 50kW and 225kW wind turbine systems to worldwide markets. In this position, you will be a key contact for production support as well as improving assembly builds with fixturing design. Additionally, you will work on process optimization using Lean tools and new production/component introduction.